Saturday, February 21, 2009

A day in the life of a Trucker...

So I think that I have mentioned that some changes have been upon us around here! I started working days this past week, and the boys did much better than I had expected. Gavyn is SUCH a morning person just like his Dad, so I really had no worries about him. Teagyn, on the other hand, is much like me--NOT a morning person! He normally does not wake up until about 9:30, so you can about imagine how 5:45 hits him is the face like a ton of bricks! Tuesday morning went okay, but Wednesday morning he was so crabby. I decided I wanted to get my mornings organized, so I had the coffee maker set, their bag packed, sippy's in the fridge with their milk, my lunch packed, and a Pop Tart on the counter to grab on my way out for the boys, I was all set! Teagyn had laid eyes on that Pop Tart b/f I was ready to get out the door and all heck broke loose! I have not seen him throw such a fit b/f! When we finally got in the Jeep I tried to give it to him and he rolled, yes rolled, his eyes at me, and swatted at my hand! Oh my goodness! I was shocked! Mornings are going to be rough with him I think, Hopefully he gets used to it! To top off this whole shocker of a job change, Tim was gone a good part of the week last week trying out a new job prospect!
The construction industry as you all know is about as unstable as it can get! Tim has not been making near the amount of money he was miking a few years ago, and with my hours being cut at work, we needed to do something. We were and still are contemplating selling our house - not too sure what will come of that- thought of moving to Florida, but not sure enough to do it (I think that economy is just as bad there as it is here)! So, while Tim has been on lay off he made his time productive! He went through all of the training and testing for his CDL. He finally found a company to take a chance on his inexperience, and just decided today to leave JP after nearly 8 years to go over the road and drive a truck! The sacrifices will be huge! But, the money is good, and the potential is amazing! I had no idea how much these guys make in a year! It is hard work though and it takes away from family time! But, I have 5 years and I will be done with school. By then he will have a lot of experience under his belt, and can look at something a little more local. I think that this decision has all but torn Tim in 2! He really struggled as to what to do! In the end I think he decided to turn it over to God last night. Sleep on it- and make a decision this morning! Decision making is never easy with him anyway (lol), but I think that he is making a good one! I will keep you updated on how this thing goes! Some prayers for him to get into this thing and be comfortable, and for safe driving would be ever so appreciated! ;)
I hope you are all stying warm today inside!!! It is nasty out there! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

Mornings aren't good over here either! Morgan could sleep til 10! That's funny that Teagyn rolled his eyes at you! How funny!
We'll keep Tim in our prayers as he makes this new job change! We hope that this is what the Lord wanted him to do! We'll keep you and the boys in our thoughts too! Will he be gone a lot during the week? If you ever need anything let me know!!

Kirsten Carlson said...

I will be keeping Tim and your family in my prayers! Wish I was closer to help out on those days Tim is gone. We too have been going through tough times due to the economy. I just keep repeating the prayer, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change..."