Monday, January 5, 2009

The best surprise EVER!


So this girl is Tara...

I was given the best surprise I could ever get tonight! You see Tara lives in New York! Her and I go way back to Cosmetology school. She was a nanny for a lady in Saugatuck, needed a change in her life from New York so she moved up here. We were both going to Chic and became inseparable form the first day on! For years. She was my Maid of Honor in our wedding . She got engaged to a boy here , bought a house. But there was always something missing for her! Her relationship was not the best, and having her family on the east coast was such a struggle for her! So eventually she ended up, ending things with her fiance' and returning home to New York. The day she left to drive back we met in the Family Fare parking lot, and said our tear filled goodbyes. It was heart wrenching! I have never been so close to someone and had to give that up! Not see her everyday! She flew back for our wedding, and we swore we would keep in touch! Alot happened in that first year of our marriage and we both lost touch. Years had passed and I started searching for her on line. I came across a care page that she had left a message on a year prior. I gave it a shot and e-mailed the address she left on that page! We have been talking on the phone and e-mailing ever since. tonight the boys and I were just hanging out at home waiting for Tim to get home. He walked in the door gave me a big hug and kiss, and told me that he had a big surprise for me. The next thing I knew Tara was walking through my front door! I could not believe my eyes! Oh the tears ;) They pulled it off! Tim is not good at this! ;)


Here we are with her daughter Carina.


Tim and Carina.

Gavyn is feeding her, so sweet! I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have her back in my life! To have a friend and not see or talk to in 4 years and be able to pick right back up where you left off...is amazing and a blessing from God! Love you Tara!

Another good thing to add to my day~ Heidi and I went to MCC this morning and 'officially' got on the ready list for the nursing program! Yeah!

Hope you have a wonderful night ;)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

What a cool and great "gift" How fun and exciting...and your not the only girl in the house right now!!! Enjoy your time with them!!

Ethan's Mom said...

Well, now I know where you are and please don't feel bad about today. Getting reaquainted with an old friend is much more important. I felt the same way when my best friend finally moved back after living in Boston for the past 7 years!