Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy life!

Right now I feel like our lives are soo busy! Between: the boys, working, school, tim plowing, laundry, dinner, blah blah blah! It seems endless right now! That being said! We manage it! I have no idea how but we do! I guess that says a lot about our marriage! It is a strong bond, and I am so thankful for that! This semester is going to kick my butt! This Math class that I am taking is so hard for me! I was awful at math in high school. I have now been out of school for 11 years! Some of it is coming back to me, slowly! I will get it; in time.

The boys seem to be growing at rapid paces right now. Gavyn is finally becoming much more enjoyable- doesn't that sound awful?!? Let me explain, I think it is a 3yr old thing. He and I and Tim too for that matter are,,,, well it is a power struggle. You want me to go to bed? Than I am going to stay up and play in my bed until 11:00. Or, throwing a fit, and I do mean a fit, because I have put fleece pants on him and NOT jeans! These all seem so petty to me/us, but to him he wants a say. I get that but it is so easy for me to get caught up in the "your not listening to me" kind of attitude. So, I do believe that we are making leaps and bounds with him!

Teagyn is running! This is so cute to see him and Gav running, chasing, each other around the island! He is talking in 3 word sentences, already. He counts to 4. Random (I think he is so advanced b/c of Gavyn). I love this age, I wish I could stop time Right here!

Tim took a voluntary layoff for a few weeks. He has been plowing around the clock these past few weeks! I think he is getting burned out (as he is snoring to beat the band on the couch behind me , as I type. lol). I like having him home in the mornings, it is just so different. I thought I may not care for it so much b/c the boys and I have such a routine in the mornings. But, he has been plowing so much that I have not seen a whole lot of him lately.

I worked mon. tues. and wed. this week. now I am off until next wed. I love that about working 12 hr shifts! My Mom closed on her new house today so we will be helping her move this weekend. In the frigid cold! Ugh! It is going to be rough!

We have Tim's work Christmas party this Friday. Should be fun. That is the last of the Christmas parties! So.... that means that all of the snow can go away and Spring should move on in! :) I am so ready to get our suits out and take the boat out!!!! Keep dreamin' Brandi! :)

My Dad came down and stayed the weekend with us to help Tim install a new pellet burner we got for heating our house. Which by the way is really cool. Our house is warmer than ever. I am always cold so having it 72-73 degrees is awesome! Without the expense of propane! Gavyn and Teagyn think that my Dad hung the moon! They love when he comes to stay! They popped popcorn and settled into the couch to watch Wall-E (such a cute movie).


Have a good weekend. Bundle up!

4 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

I hear ya about being busy. This new job is totally different then what I was use to and totally different schedule. I love being home in the morning though!!! Classes...if you need help with math let me know...I wasn't too bad in math so if something comes up totally call me!!! I'll try to help!!! Enjoy your time with your boys!! :)

Ethan's Mom said...

I hear you too! Somedays, when I look back at everything I did in just one day, it's no wonder I'm wiped out! 12hr shifts are really long, but definately worth it when you get more days off! I work Friday so I'll miss you! Have you a great weekend!

Carrie's Circus said...

I sure hope that your week got a little easier and that this snow drop did not affect the move! Believe me I totally understand that feeling of "holy cow how can i get all of this done" But you can and you will...hang in there with school it will get easier too...

Kirsten Carlson said...

Being a mom is the best, but boy-oh-boy can it be tiring!!! I think working moms are the BEST mult-taskers. I am right there with you on the 3-year-old issues! A friend told me that 3 is worse than 2??? Can it be true?