Friday, May 1, 2009

Random's (I am behind!)



I am finally done with this semester! Sigh! Boy was it ever a long, tough semester! On the flip side, I got an A- on my final (research paper) in my English class! I was shocked, but worked SO hard on it that I was pleased as well -to say the least! My final grade for math, which I will be the first to admit that I SUCK at, was a B. I will accept that with bells on! :) So I actually had a great semester, overall. All of my hard work payed off! :)
I have a few weeks off, then my summer semester starts up. I am not looking forward to taking classes in the summer, but I want to get this done! So I am going year round! Like it or lump it, right?!
We are all happy to be able to spend a little time outside in the "warm" weather! The sunshine feels wonderful! Both of the boys would live outside, if I let them! Teagyn will go to the door, put his Crocs on, and say "outside, Mommy!" He is such a hunny! Gavyn is looking forward to starting school this fall- he talks about it every day since we went to the school to check it out!
What else..... Well, we decided to list our house with a realtor. So, Tim and I have been working hard at getting the house in tip-top shape: patching dents in walls, we rearranged the living room, I spot cleaned the carpets (which now look AMAZING), cleaned the basement, I even mopped the floor in the kitchen on my hands and knees! Now the thing is maintaining how clean it is in case we have a showing! Tough, considering the boys are like tornado's on a daily basis! LOL! When I cleaned the basement I actually "went through" everything as I was putting it into tubs and was surprised how much -stuff- I/we have accumulated. So, i am having a garage sale in a few weeks. I have not ever had one before so I am sure that I have my work cut out for me! Up until the night before last, I have not had any reservations about moving, but last night I kind of had a few tears thinking about some things I will miss, and a particular situation that Tim nor I have any control over, but will be leaving here with that left...undone, for lack of better words!
Funny thing though.... as I walked into the break room at work this morning to put my lunch in the fridge, the TV had the weather station on broadcasting the 80+ temps in Florida. Oh, how I will love living in that climate pretty much year 'round! My stipulations for our new home in Fl, I have told Tim is: a pool, and a palm tree IN our yard. :) I am not asking for much, am I!? :) Really homes are just about standard with pools down there, so it is not an expense like it is here!
Anyways, here are some pics Easter and Tim's birthday! Hope you have a good weekend. Tomorrow my friend Heidi and I taking the kids downtown to Kinderplatts at Tulip Time. They have firetrucks, face painting, a little animal petting area, and games set up for the kids. And, of course the good junk food! Yum! I cannot wait to get an elephant ear! :) I will be back with pics from there, I am sure!

These two silly's wanted to put their Halloween costumes on from last year! It was so cute!

1 comment:

The VanderZwaags said...

Congrats on a great sememster! I'm sure it feels great to be done for a little bit! I'm sad to hear that you guys are going to be moving but I understand too! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...take care! Have fun at Tulip Time!