Friday, November 14, 2008

It is FINALLY Friday!

Hmmm. I am extremely glad that it is the weekend! I have had the longest week! To say the very least! Busy, emotionally draining, hectic- you name it! Today I had my mind set to get up and just try to enjoy the day with the boys! I waited to take a shower (not that I am ever ready really early by any means unless I have to go to work) and just played in the boys' rooms for about an hour! I have been feeling so stressed out that I have not taken any time just enjoy them in quite a few days! So we played and danced- to Itsy bitsy spider, none the less. Woo hoo!
Then we went to McD's for lunch with my friend Heidi and her daughter Jayci! It felt so good to just take the morning and just enjoy what I do have!

And then..... we went grocery shopping!!! AHHH! Seriously, I get so stressed out taking the boys to the store to get groceries! Really it is just Gav (I feel terrible saying that). Teagyn will just sit nice and suck on a sucker, even if it takes me an hour, he is just so patient. Not Gavyn he is running around like a freaking mad man! Talking in a much louder voice than I think appropriate for a grocery store- or anywhere for that matter! Then to top it off I walked away from the cart to grab something off the shelf, mind you a foot away, and Gavyn decides he is going to push Teagyn! He pinched his fingers in between the cart and a fire extinguisher that was on the post in the isle way! The tears came before the heart wrenching cry did, it hurt him so bad! Ugh! It just spiraled downward from there! I just wanted to get out of there! I almost always go and get groceries after I get out of work, but this week I was just not in the mood! It is pretty sad that I would rather go @ 11:30 at night than have to take them along! Whatever! Note to self.... ALWAYS go after work, no matter what my mood is!

We have a pretty blank slate for the weekend! I am good with that! Just to relax, and get some much needed home work done!

I have no pics to post b/c I have not even been in the mood to take any pictures! So maybe this weekend I can work on that!

Hope you have a good weekend! It sounds like it may be a somewhat snowy one! Needless to say- I will NOT be driving anywhere! ;)

5 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

It must be the week. We have had the same type this week too!!!! Sometimes it is nice to just take a break from everything and play with the kids!!! They have no worries and no cares!! Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend!

Erin said...

Hi Brandi,

Just thought I'd share something that I saw on "Suppernanny" last week. The mother on the show was having an awful time with her kids at the grocery, and Jo (the nanny) suggested that each child get a "job" to do when they went shopping. She cut out strips of paper, and pictures of different things that people buy at the store. The two kids each got several strips of things that mom needed at the store, and it was their job to help with the shopping, by getting the things on their strips. It was awesome, and a huge change!

Erin

Erin said...

You're never going to believe this, but I'm watching "Supernanny" again, and she did the grocery technique! This time it was a little different... they just had a list to follow, and the little boy helped his mom get all the groceries on the list. It was great!

Ethan's Mom said...

Sounds Awesome Brandi (except the grocery store experience!) I must say that I definately try to avoid going grocery shopping with Ethan at all costs! He's not a great shopper...must be a 1st born thing! I love the days that I don't HAVE to do anything and just can just lay, run, crawl, snuggle whatever with just Ethan and I too, I really try to cherish those days b/c I know they'll be gone before I know it! Have a GREAT weekend!!

Jason and Mary Plus Two said...

Brandi-Hope you have a RELAXING weekend! You need and deserve it!!! When will you be working next week? Hope to see you soon!