Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yummy brownies....

Today didn't go as planned. No church this morning. Teagyn has got yet another cold! Actually I am not sure if it is just his teeth and then his resportory problems on top of that!? When ever he gets a cold/runny nose~ out comes the nebulizer! So last night he was laying in bed having another coughing spasm! I went in and gave him a neb and that seemed to help alot! It usually only kicks in at night! Poor little guy! So we decided that the nursery would be a good thing today! I was in a baking mood this morning. I had these brownies done and homemade beef stew in the crock pot by 9:30 this morning! Wow- I am motivated today!
So here are the brownies I made today! They are amazing! I have to share the recipe! They are called, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars!
Here is what you need:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2/3 cup milk, divided
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1/2 cup PLANTERS Salted Peanuts
6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
Now to make it:
HEAT oven to 350°F. Mix dry cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup milk until blended; press 2/3 onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Bake 12 to 14 min. or until center is almost set; cool 3 min. Meanwhile, mix peanut butter and remaining milk.
SPREAD peanut butter mixture onto crust; top with small spoonfuls of the marshmallow creme and remaining cake mixture. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate; press gently into cake mixture.
BAKE 18 min. or just until center is set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Hope you have a good Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

You totally have my mouth watering!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! Can't wait to try it out. I know how you feel with the nebulizer. Russell has the same problem. It totally scares me sometimes.