Saturday, December 13, 2008

The flu has struck!

So last Friday I came down with it. Teagyn started with the diarrhea on Wednesday! Gavyn started vomiting last night! I was at work, poor Tim had his hands full!! Gavyn called me at work to tell me that he was sick! It was so heart breaking! I wanted to come home so bad! But, Tim assured me that he had things under control! So I stuck it out! I got a prescription for the miracle "Magic butt cream" for Teagyn. He has such sensitive skin anyway and this has made his poor little bum just terrible! I feel so sorry for them! It is heart breaking when there isn't anything you can do make them better! That is what Mom's are supposed to do, right!?

I had taken today off from work for a family Christmas party in Hastings. Needless to say we are not going to that! I am bummed! I was so looking forward to seeing the Meek side of my family! What do you do! Teagyn is still not 100%, better but not himself! Gavyn is 100% better! He must have just had a 12 hour thing! I hope this is it for flu season for us! If Tim can get through this without getting it, it will be a miracle! :)

Today has turned into a day to get caught up on things around the house! Cleaning, hopefully I can get some presents wrapped and get Teagyn's blanket done. I bought fleece and am making the blankets that tie all the way around! Gavyn's turned out really good. I started and finished his all in one night, maybe about an hour and a half! I thought it would take much longer than that! This morning the boys and I worked on a project for the grandparents for their Christmas presents! (Can't tell you yet- my Mom will be reading this) ;)

I cannot believe that Christmas is only 12 days away! Wow! How time flys! Hope that your families can keep this flu bug at bay! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The VanderZwaags said...

Yuck! We were bit over here too! Just Morgan got it though. It hurts so bad to watch your child throwing up and there isn't anything you can do about it. Morgan seems to be doing better. Hopefully everyone will be 100% soon!

P.S. Today Morgan and I were leaving our yard and we saw three deer running across Tyler headed straight to your house! Are they hiding out by you?? :)