Sunday, December 7, 2008

A weekend, not as planned!!!!

So this weekend turned out good but defiantly did not go as planned!! We were planning to go get/cut down our Christmas tree, get it all beautiful and decorated on Saturday. Have Gavyn's birthday party on Sunday. i had SO much to get done for the weekend and had class on Monday, and work 11-11 Tues, Wed, and Thurs. That left little to no time to get the Christmas decorations out, check for working lights :) and get the house cleaned up. All of this.... and I woke up with the flu Friday morning! Ahhh. I knew it! I helped take care of an elderly gentlemen on Wed night. He was with us for about 7 hrs. I was in and out of his room, he was such a kind man and did not have any kids, his wife had passed away! I just took extra special care of him. I should have worn a mask in there but you get busy and caught up.... you know! I cannot say for sure but a good chance that is where I got it! So instead of getting started on all of my "plans" I slept all day!!1 And I went to bed @ 9:30 Friday night! Saturday I woke up some what better but not 100%. So I mustered it up and went with the boys to get a tree! As the day went on I felt a lot better. Today we did have Gavyn's party! It was nice, we had pizza, an awesome cake (if I do say so myself- I'll post pics later) and ice cream. All was going well and then Tim said that his tummy was hurting! Oh, NO! I hope to God that he does not get this!!! I have to say. For one, it was terrible stomach cramps and body aches! For two, like most men I think, he is such a baby when he gets sick! :) I have a busy week ahead of me more work and my next to LAST (YEAHHHH) class for this semester!

Speaking of which, I have homework to get started on! I had better go! I will post the Birthday pics later! Hope you had a great weekend! ;)

2 comments:

Carrie's Circus said...

I can totally relate to plans not going the way they should...I am glad that it all turned out in the end...did the tree get up and decorate?

Hopefully Tim is not sick. you are right men are babies:)

Ethan's Mom said...

What a bummer Brandi! I hope you're feeling better and got your tree decorated. We finally got our outside decorations up this weekend! Ethan loves to look outside at the lights and the lights on the "tee"!