Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This & That...

Well after a very busy last 4 days. I am so happy to have today off, from work and school! It was such a bummer to have to be inside working this whole past weekend! The weather was so beautiful- from what I heard! The boys stayed the night with my mother in law on Saturday, I dropped them off on my way to work in the morning. Sunday we went to our friends Alex and Jen's daughter's, Lenah, Baptism. I cannot tell you how wierd it was for us to wake up, (at almost nine, omgosh!) take showers and just walk right out the door for church/baptism. No diaper bag, no hurrying little one's out the door or arguing about which shoes Gav wants to wear, the fight we have on our hands with nursery @ church, etc. Just Tim and I sitting through church able to fully enjoy our coffee and the service! I think we both felt like it was a flash back! So I went straight to work from church and Tim picked up the boys. I didn't see them until Monday morning. I was missing them so very much! I have not been away from Teague that long- ever! I had class yesterday afternoon, so today I am just plain thankful to be home with my babies!

However, Gavyn has been difficult to say the least today! He LOVES to try my patience! I do mean loves! He has been in timeout 4-5 times already. He is being so mean to Teagyn! I think if Teague were a little bigger, alot of it would not happen, but Gav is just so rough! He doesn't understand the concept that he is only a baby. (Make that 6, he is in timeout AGAIN as I am typing) Oh and he bit him this morning too. On the fingers! That's 2X in a week! He hasn't ever bit anyone b/f now! I think he is going through a mid life toddler crisis. ;) I hope like most toddler "cycles" this one is short lived.


The whole day has not been terrible. We made halloween cupcakes this morning for Gavyn to take to Julie's (daycare) , for his friends. All we have to do is frost them when he wakes up from his nap and add some sprinkles to the tops. He is very excited! Another good thing...... Gav went pee on the potty again this morning! I am so proud of him! He had to call Tim right away to tell him! I have been rewarding him with Matchbox cars, I think they are doing the trick. He still will NOT wear his big boy undies! He refuses! I think I am going to have to break down and buy him pull-ups!


Here are couple cute pic's of Gavyn feeding his brother last night! He very much like's to do this (there is usually a mess to clean up) :)


2 comments:

Jason and Mary Plus Two said...

Just wanted to let you know that I saw a news clip on your aunt on channel 8. She has such courage to bring awareness to the huffing problem! Also, finally did another post! Hope your happy :-) Have a GREAT weekend off.

Carrie's Circus said...

Love the pics of the boys...they are so darn cute!

Glad to hear that the potty training is going well too...

Have a great weekend and see you monday???